ICFAL’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Effective 11 March 2020
Due to the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its declaration by the World Health Organisation (WHO) as a public health emergency, ICFAL is taking considered action to ensure the safety, good health and wellbeing of our Staff, Members, visitors, suppliers and contractors.
ICFAL has in place a business continuity management plan to reduce the potential impact of a pandemic event, like COVID-19, on ICFAL’s operations and services.
Safeguards that meet official Australian Government COVID-19 guidelines have been implemented and additional steps have been taken to minimise the potential impact on the below:
- We have limited Domestic travel within the Company and only essential travel will occur.
- We have suspended all non-essential international business travel and any travel considered essential now requires approval by the Board of Directors.
- We have implemented action to follow the Australian Government COVID-19 guidelines, which states anyone who comes into direct contact with a person that has travelled from a high risk destination, or come into contact with someone positive of COVID-19, is required to isolate themselves at home and monitor their health for 14 days from the time of contact. ICFAL is addressing this in two ways:
- ICFAL staff who have travelled to mainland China, South Korea, Japan, Iran or Italy are required to declare this travel and self quarantine for 14 days from the time of departure from mainland China, South Korea, Japan, Iran orItaly.
- ICFAL staff are confirming with members, to determine if they’ve travelled to mainland China, South Korea, Japan, Iran or Italy and if so, we will be requesting that face to face meetings are delayed for 14 days.
1. Members, guests, suppliers and contractors visiting ICFAL locations in NSW & Melburne.
Based on the Australian Government advises we ask that our members, guests, suppliers and contractors follow this advice to ensure their own safety as well as the safety of our other members, guests, suppliers and contractors, our staff and the public.
ICFAL members, guests, suppliers and contractors who have travelled from or ransited through any international location in the last 14 days, we ask that you advise your appropriate ICFAL contact and conduct virtual meetings (rather than in person meetings) for 14 days or cancel/defer the meeting.
ICFAL provides hand sanitisers and disinfectants in NSW office to foster a healthy environment, and we encourage visitors (and our staff) to adhere to normal handwashing and hygiene practices. Objects which are touched by hands are also regularly wiped off with sanitising towels or hot air as appropriate. If you are feeling unwell when visiting our office, please make your ICFAL representative aware immediately so we can support you accordingly.
2. Working with members, suppliers and contractors to safeguard the health and safety of our people.
ICFAL requests that our customers take their own measures to respond to COVID-19, in accordance with official Australian Government COVID-19 guidelines.
If ICFAL representatives at office are concerned that reasonable practicable steps are not being taken by other personnel to proactively prevent the spread of COVID-19 so far as it is able, ICFAL has directed our people to speak with their Supervisor or Board of Directors immediately.
If you are an organisation with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 and ICFAL members or people may be affected, we ask that you immediately contact ICFAL office.
Potential disruption of our regular support or response to inquiry may be affected in case we have staff members unable to attend calls or meetings due to their situation arising from the pandemic.
Following is the link to the government health advisory:
Also note in the travel related topic that travel restrictions listed here are as at the date of this notice. Reader must seek the latest information from respective authorities such as smart traveller site.
Please watchout other global development by visiting the WHO web news.